Listen Up!

Connection

Continually building your Personal Learning Network (PLN) is important, and  learning from a podcast is one cool avenue (and tool) for teachers and learners.  A podcast (taken from the original location device – iPod added to broadcast) reminds me of listening to a radio show.  There are times when that just really fits into my life like when I’m out for my afternoon exercise or driving to work). I read somewhere that the best way to really get the most out of podcast learning is to subscribe to one through your RSS feed.  My two sons subscribe to an interesting (if not educationally controversial) podcast called “My Brother, My Brother, and Me.”  They are dedicated listeners, often times when they are together,  and I know from the continual laughter that they are the intended audience.  Honestly, that’s where I first learned about getting hooked on podcasts, although my podcast preference runs more along the lines of the “Freakonomics” radio podcast.

Recently, I sent IT Coach Tracey Kracht a link to this great podcast list of “50 Educational Podcasts for Teachers’ Professional Development.”  If you started down this list, you would be sure to find at least one you would absolutely have to subscribe to.  Happy listening!

Quotation image from:  Wisdom Quotes on 7.26.2013

2 thoughts on “Listen Up!

1. There’s only so much you can take away from a player’s plus-minus from a single game, but it doesn’t surprise me that the Grizzlies outscored the Spurs by 21 points in his minutes on the court, giving him the best plus-minus in the game. Morant was in total command from start to finish. He had 11 assists through three quarters and took over down the stretch with 11 points in the fourth quarter. DeRozan was at his best in the third quarter, when he scored 18 of his 34 points. He had a couple of tough finishes at the rim during a Grizzlies run to help keep the Spurs in the game.

http://mylivenba.com